Flexible overview of item forecasting, demands, supplies and history.
What is Better Forecast?
You will get one line displayed per forecast period, even when the period length varies.
The line also displays all known demands and supplies as well as all item history in the period. The demands and supplies can be folded out so you see one line per movement if you want to look in detail at a critical period.
For Planners and Purchasers
- One combined overview of the inventory availability with all history, known orders and forecasts.
- Ability to see the expected inventory costs for the planner if all forecast is sold – and if not.
- Compressed view of the items availability per movement compared with the forecast.
For the Finance Manager
- Ability to see the overall availability of future inventory levels, and therefore predict tied-up stock.
- Filtering of products where the forecast deviates by the highest percentage in relation to on-hand orders, and subsequent validation of the forecast by the salespeople.
For the Salesperson
- Quick overview of an item’s stock profile and expected receipts
- Filtering by Dimension or Location makes it possible to control the allocations per campaign and assess freely available stock that can be sold from.
- Quick overview of items which are not reaching the forecast and for which an extra effort must be made to sell.
Core functions in Better Forecast
How Does Better Forecast work?
Overview in multiple dimensions From the Item card you open one of the views Forecast by period, Forecast for all items in a period or Forecast by dimension.
From the view that opens, you can choose the level of detail that you want to use. That is, if all the information about the forecast period should be displayed on one line or if you want some of the lines unfolded so that you see them for every movement that occurs.
The views can be set up to be accessed in all places with an Item number. For instance you can open them directly from the Sales Order Lines, Planning Journals, or similar.
Forecast by period
For each forecast period, a line is displayed for the item showing the start and end dates and the quantity in the forecast.
Next the line displays sales data, such as Quantity on Sales forecast, Quantity sold, Quantity on Sales order and Percentage of Sales forecast, which shows how much of the forecast have been sold. Next the line displays similar columns for production data.
The line also displays information on both open and received Purchased orders and Transfer orders, and finally the expected stock development is displayed with and without a forecast – both as a quantity and as a cost amount. The forecast can be shown with a filter on one or more Locations.
Forecast for all items in the period
If you would like to see the availability of many items in one period, in this view you can import which items you wish to look at by filtering the fields on the Item card.
Then one line per item is displayed in the selected period with the same information as in Forecast by period. You can still filter by location or see the total for all Locations.
Forecast by Dimension
If you use dimensions on the item entries, for example to manage specific campaigns or products that are soft reserved for certain dimension codes, this view enables you to see one item in one period with one line per dimension code wherever the item has movements.
From the overview, you can easily move items from one dimension to another, if you wish to move the soft reservation.
Apps for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Simple and Free
The simple apps that add a single feature to your Business Central. Free of charge.
These are the most popular apps, you can add to your Business Central, and most of them also to Dynamics NAV.
Dynamics NAV apps
These apps are available for Dynamics NAV.