Routing and BOM Overview
Easy overview showing Routing and BOM with versions
What is Routing BOM?
With a shortcut key from the Item card, the active Routing and the active BOM is displayed in an intuitive manner with respect to Routing Link codes and Material Sorting in one simple overview.
At the top you find a display of the materials to be picked before the first operation typically by warehouse employees. Next the operations in the routing are displayed so that the materials with a routing link code are displayed under the relevant operation.
For Product Development
- One simple and intuitive overview that makes the four standard Routing and BOM windows redundant.
- Lightning-fast changes of routing and BOM.
- Ability to copy Routings and BOMs and their versions from other products.
- A single overview showing what needs to be done, the materials to be taken out and when.
- The combined view can be used directly in production and if necessary printed and follow the order physically, or it can be combined with a Shop Floor solution where the view simply appears on the screen.
- Quick use of Routing link codes.
- Ability to change the order of components for the same operation if these must be used in a specific order.
Core functions in Routing and BOM
One click from the item card
When the Routing and BOM Overview is opened with a shortcut key from the Item card, the active Routing and the active Production BOM is displayed in an intuitive manner with respect to Routing Link codes and Material Sorting.
At the top, you find a display of the materials to be taken out typically by warehouse employees before the first operation.
Next, the operations in the routing are displayed so that materials with a routing link code are displayed under the respective operation.
It is possible to change the order of the components on the BOM, even within the same Operation.
This is used if the components for the routing step should be taken in a special order and the assembler must be informed of this order. For example, if many components are used for an assembly operation.
Quick change of Status
Status of the Routing and versions of the BOM can be changed with one click so you can edit the Routing and BOM version directly.
When you leave the window, you will be asked if you wish to approve the Routing and BOM again, so you do not forget this and have resulting planning errors.
Quick use of the routing link
Create a routing link code between a component and an operation by simply writing the operation number in the column “operation number” in the component line.
This will automatically create a routing link code that links the two together so that the component is first committed to this operation.
Apps for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Simple and Free
The simple apps that add a single feature to your Business Central. Free of charge.
These are the most popular apps, you can add to your Business Central, and most of them also to Dynamics NAV.
Dynamics NAV apps
These apps are available for Dynamics NAV.