Overall management of multiple Purchase order lines with the same Container Code
What is Container Handling?
When a supplier informs you which items are sent together in one shipment, you can simply create a new Container Code and add it to the Purchase order lines from the many purchase orders that will be sent with the container.
Then the updating of dates on Purchase order lines and distribution of freight costs can be made quickly and accurately. Additionally, you can provide information about the shipment on the Container Card and update its status.
For the Purchaser
- Quick updating of dates on all Purchase orders included in the Container so that colleagues can avoid asking the purchaser but see for themselves in Dynamics NAV.
- Updated dates give better planning runs and accurate allocation overviews.
- All information about the shipment is maintained on the Container Card enabling everyone to see it.
For Planners and Salespeople
- The easy updating of dates makes it possible to minimize the number of Purchase order lines with hanging dates.
- It is easy to update many lines with a few clicks when a shipment is delayed. When waiting for purchased items with a shortage, you can check the available date yourself and rely on what it says on the Purchase order line.
For the Logistics Manager
- Ability to print out receipt lists of what a shipment should contain.
- Ability to assign transport costs to all incoming lines in the shipment, providing a more accurate stock value and the sold items’ contribution margin can be displayed more accurately.
Core functions in Container Handling
How Does Container Handling work?
Container Card with SSCC code. The first time the supplier informs you of what items are to be shipped together, a “new” container is set up from a number series in Dynamics NAV.
Long before the SSCC code and dates are known, the container can be linked with the Purchase order lines that will be included in the shipment, so that future purchase order can be handled together.
Retrieve purchase lines with one run
From the Container Card you can allocate the container to entire Purchase orders or per supplier or receiving date with one run and then make changes so everything agrees.
You are able to either pick the Purchase order lines from the Container Card or select the Container Code on Purchase order lines
Fields on the Container card
On the Container Card you can set Supplier, Freight Forwarders Code, Volume and Container Size, Expected Receipt Data, Scheduled date in port, Ship name, SSCC code, and the container’s status.
The status can be Ordered, Shipped, Received in port, Released in port, Received at Ramp, or Booked.
For shipments other than containers
The solution can of course also be used to bundle other types of shipments than containers, in cases where it makes sense to bundle Purchase order lines across the purchase orders.
Apps for Dynamics 365 Business Central
These are the most popular apps, you can add to your Abakion Go or Unbox project, available for Business Central and most of them also for Dynamics NAV.
These apps are available for Dynamics NAV and for Business Central on-premise.
Dynamics NAV apps
These apps are available for Dynamics NAV.